5/6/09

Belgium


Houffalize is well known for its cycling fans and a place that i have wanted to visit for a long time so it was awesome to finally get there. It was a long day of driving from Austria to make it to our hotel which was in a small town outside of Houffalize. Our hotel room was the smallest room i have ever seen so I had to sleep in the van for the 4 nights that we were there. It wasn't the best but I made due and it was well worth it on Saturday night when Jared won the 4x. I have never seen so many fans at a race before that night. The atmosphere was awesome and it was cool that they had it under the lights(even the though they gave off the worst green flickering glow). Since the race didn't start till the evening I was able to do a little bit of exploring Saturday morning and stumbled upon an old castle that was above the town we were in. I was excited to be able to check it out especially since it was the first time that I was able to get away and see apart of Europe that didn't involve bikes. We leave for France in the morning for the next round of the World Cup in La Bresse.



No comments:

Post a Comment